Skills available for Common Core first-grade language arts standards
Click on the name of a skill to practice that skill.
RI: Reading Standards for Literature
Key Ideas and Details
- 2.CCRA.L.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- RL.1.1: Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- RL.1.2: Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
- RL.1.3: Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details.
Craft and Structure Craft and Structure
- RL.1.4: Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
- RL.1.5: Explain major differences between booksthat tell stories and books that give information, drawing on a wide reading of a range of text types.
- RL.1.6: Identify who is telling the story at various points in a text.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RL.1.7: Refer to pictures, illustrations, and details in a story to describe characters, setting, or events.
- RL.1.9: Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RL.1.10: With prompting and support, read appropriately complex prose and poetry for grade 1.